Now what?? Yes there something relating to Adhaar card as the government make new notification that are mandatory to link existing Aadhaar numbers with PAN for taxpayers w.e.f July 1, 2017. There are changes in income tax rules, govt. has made 12-digit biometric Aadhaar must for the PAN.
As per the govt. notification, “every person who has been allotted PAN as on the 1st day of July, 2017 and who in accordance with the provisions is required to intimate his Aadhaar number, shall intimate his Aadhaar number” to the income tax authorities. Fianace Minister Arun Jaitiley made Aadhaar compulsory for filling a income tax return and also linking of Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Adhaar card to keep check on tax evasion via use of several PAN cards.
Aadhaar card is a bio-metric system that abstain person from having too many PAN cards for various transactions like property purchase to evade tax. Around 2.07 crore taxpayers linked their PAN with Aadhaar, however, around 25 crore PAN cardholders are in India and approximately 98% of Adult population has received Aadhaar card.
To link Aadhaar with PAN:
- Go to the e-filing website on the left side of the website click on the tab ‘Link Aadhaar.’
- Fill your Aadhaar and PAN number
- After that enter your name as mentioned in your Aadhaar card and click submit it.
- The linking will be confirmed only after verification of details from the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
If registered on the e-filing website:
- You just need to log-in to the e-filing website to link your Aadhaar card.
- Under the profile settings click on the Aadhaar linking option.
- The your details as per PAN will be already known, so just enter Aadhaar number and name as mentioned in Aadhaar card.
- Once you link Aadhaar card with PAN card, e-verify your income tax return via OTP sent to your phone number.
- If your Aadhaar name is different from your PAN card name then linking will fail and taxpayer has to change his/her name either on Aadhaar card or PAN card as per the procedure.
For corrections in your PAN log on to National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL) website and for corrections in Aadhaar log on to UIDAI portal.
Hopefully, this upcoming show will do wonders and wins the hearts of the audiences. We hope you find this post informative, so visit again to our website for more and latest updates and don’t forget to like, comment, and share. You inspire us to write more and we love doing that. Stay connected, stay tuned to insiderindian.com. Thanks for reading, keep reading, keep motivating!!