As the winter is around the corner so is our favorite alcoholic beverage. Yes, I am talking about Rum. Rum sales always hit the top during the winter season as it gives our body relief from the cold breeze and makes us feel warm inside. Along with that you should some more health benefits of rum that we can cherish with its consumption.
With the help of fermentation and distillation, Rum is made up from sugarcane byproducts (molasses) and then kept in barrels for the aging process. Rum is produced around the world in many countries. Even India has made its name big when it comes to rum with the help of the homegrown dark rum Old Monk.
Along with keeping you warm during winters, there are many other health benefits of consuming rum.
Health Benefits Of Consuming Rum
1. Fight Diabetes: A spoon or two of rum every day can help in decreasing the sugar levels in your body thus proves beneficial for the people suffering from diabetes. Rum also helps to lower the cholesterol levels in our body.
2. Fight Cold: We often catch a cold during winters and then reach out for certain medicines. Well, we can also include rum in one of those medicines as well. Yes, rum mixed with lukewarm water can help you get rid of the cold during winters.
3. Fight Heart Diseases: One of the best things about consuming rum that when it goes inside our body, it helps to avoid any kind of artery blockage in our body thus providing us with a strong and healthy heart. Daily moderate consumption of rum is beneficial for the smooth working of the heart, keeping the heart diseases at bay.
4. Bone & Muscles: Moderate rum consumption can also help in getting relief from cramps or sore muscle. It also increases the minerals in bones as well.
5. Never grow old: Along with the anti-aging qualities of the alcohol, rum also doesn’t have many calories which means it helps you live longer eventually. Studies have proven that rum does help you live longer.
Whiskey fanatics don’t forget to check out the best scotch whiskey in India under Rs 2000
Please note that if you consider drinking rum on daily basis then don’t drink more than the moderate quantity because heavy consumption of alcohol has deadly effects on human body. The moderate quantity of daily rum consumption is usually 1.5 ounces per day.
So this winter, give yourself some more reasons to take out that bottle of Old Monk and realize the health benefits of rum by yourself.
If you like the article then don’t forget to like, share and comment.