We all want a great body, good looks, shiny and silky hair and of course beautiful nails. Isn’t it? We do a lot to get all these especially women because beautifully shaped nails magnify the overall beauty of your hands and most of the women endeavor to have long and healthy nails which they can style and shape as they want.
Nails are made of Keratin. Keratin is protein found in hair and skin. The cells in our fingers make proteins, which when reached to the end of the fingers creates the nails and also harden it. Nails get stronger and shiny due to the presence of these proteins in the nails.
When nails tend to get weak and brittle reasons can be many such as age factor, some kind of disease, or say environmental abuse, excessive use of nail enamels and nail polish removers, over exposure to water, over exposure to detergents and so on any of them can lead to weaker nails. There are many natural ways to strengthen your nails.
It is really very important to take very good care of your nails, as you pamper your skin and hair do pamper your nails too. We have come up with some effective home remedies to protect your nails and a little few changes in your diet and lifestyle can do wonders for your nails and for your overall health too.
So, here we present to you some of the best ideas to protect your weak and brittle nails and also how you can make them strong.
Coconut Oil Massage
Coconut Oil has no side effects on your skin as it is purely natural and has amazing health benefits. For weak and brittle nails Coconut oil is no less than a nourishing agent. It works as a great moisturizer as Coconut oil has saturated fats in it. Also, Coconut oil is anti-fungal in nature so it will also prevent all the fungal infections from your nails.
How To Use
- Take a moderate amount of Coconut oil and warm it. Now apply the oil on every nail. Now gently massage your nails for 5 minutes. The Coconut oil massage will improve the blood circulation and keep the nails moisturized.
- Another method is; take a bowl and add one teaspoon of lemon juice and two tablespoons of Coconut oil and mix well. Soak your nails in the solution for approximately 10 minutes and this remedy will work much better if you do this before heading to the bed at night, as this will give you enough time to rest and also nails will easily absorb the oil.
- You can follow either of the remedies for a month or until your nails become strong and healthy.
Vitamin E Oil Massage
Vitamin E is a magical ingredient in order to maintain good health of your skin, hair, and nails. Mostly nails tend to break easily, gets dull, yellow and brittle when lack moisture. Vitamin E is a great source of moisture for your nails. Vitamin E will provide the required moisture to your nails and make your nails well moist and hydrated by giving them strength.
How To Use
- Take a vitamin E oil capsule and break it and take out the oil from it and apply the oil directly onto your nails. Massage gently for 5 to 10 minutes. This will improve the blood circulation to nails.
- When you remove your nail polish from the nails, they become weak and yellow in color, so, to regenerate your nails apply some vitamin E oil onto your nails.
- You can also add vitamin E oil in your hand cream in order to get best results.
- Massage your nails with vitamin E oil before going to bed so that your nails will get enough time to absorb the oil and to regenerate.
- Repeat this exercise daily for 10 to 15 days in order to see the difference in your nails health.
Lemon Juice Massage
To make your nails strong and healthy lemon is a great option. Lemon juice can make your nails as bright and white as milk. Lemon has amazing strengthing properties that will leave you amazed with its results.
How To Use
- Take a bowl and put 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in it and mix well.
- Heat the solution until its warm to touch. Apply the solution to your nails with the help of clean cotton swab and the best time to do this is before going to bed. So, that the solution can be absorbed by the nails completely. Wear cotton gloves to keep the moisture intact.
- Another option that you have is, mix the lemon juice with argon oil and dip your nails in the solution for at least 20 to 25 minutes for strong and healthy nails.
- You can use either of the solutions daily for 15 to 20 days.
Apple Cider Vinegar Dip
Apple cider vinegar is a great remedy to treat your brittle nails being a rich source of minerals such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, vitamins. All the nutrients present in the apple cider vinegar (ACV) can be a great help in the growth of healthy and strong nails.
How To Use
- Take a bowl and add apple cider vinegar along with water and mix well.
- Now soak your nails in the solution for 5 minutes.
- Do this exercise daily for a couple of days and you will see the difference in your nail’s health soon.
- You can save the solution you prepared and keep it in the room temperature and can reuse it for two or three days.
Beer Bath For Nails
Believe it or not but, beer is another great option to cure weak and brittle nails. The beer has potassium, selenium and phosphorous which helps in making nails strong and healthy.
How To Use
- Take a bowl and add more than half cup of apple cider vinegar and a half cup of beer in it and mix well.
- Soak your nails in the solution for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice a week for 10 to 15 days for better results.
- You can also try the other method for that you need a quarter cup of warm Olive oil mixed with half cup of apple cider vinegar and half cup beer and mix all the ingredients well.
- Now dip your nails in the solution for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure for at least 15 days, once or twice a week.
- You can try either of the ideas and can benefit your nails.
Milk & Egg Yolk Solution
Milk and egg yolk contains all the required nutrients that dry and brittle nails need mainly calcium and protein. As we know that calcium and proteins are the main sources of strength for human nails. This combination will also make your nails more white in color.
How To Use
- Take an egg and take out the egg yolk in a bowl and then add 2 tablespoons of milk to it and mix well, no lumps should form.
- Massage your nails with this mixture and keep your nails dipped in the solution for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Now rinse with lukewarm water.
- Try this remedy for two to three weeks and once or twice a week.
So, folks, these were a few ideas to treat weak and brittle nails which you should try to make your nails strong and healthier than ever. However these remedies are really helpful but, we suggest you should improve your diet in order to get healthy nails from within. There are some additional tips for you to take in mind and keep your nails healthy.
- Always protect your nails from excessive use of water, try gloves.
- keep your nails short so that there would be fewer chances for water absorption.
- Avoid using fake nails.
- You can use petroleum jelly or a good moisturizer to keep your nails well moist all day long.
- Never cut your cuticles, you can push them back a little to avoid infection.Or use cuticle cream or oil to avoid dry skin.
- Go for secure and safe nail polish.
- Always follow a healthy diet and do not forget to drink adequate water in a day to avoid dehydration.
- Avoid using alcohol based sanitizers as they will make your nails dry and cracked.
- Expose your nails to natural sunlight for a few minutes daily in order to fill the daily requirement of vitamin D.
So, these were a few suggestions and completely natural home remedies to treat your brittle and weak nails. Hope you like it and do try these remedies to get rid of the weak nails problem. If you like this article then please like share and comment. Till then keep connected to Insiderindian.com and Keep Coming Back !!!