Winter is coming and you know what’s coming with it, The winter procrastination. You can easily relate the kind of procrastination I am talking about. Staying inside the cozy blankets all the time and move your butt only if it is “actually” required. Those who have the habit of going for a walk or run daily, also tend to become lethargic and lose their daily streak in order to stay away from the cold breeze. This results in the loss of our fatigue, energy level and fitness.
For those who can relate to this kind of habit during winters are may not aware of the amazing benefits which cold weather running has on our body. I understand that it takes a lot of effort to step out in winters but its all about taking that one initiative. Once you step out to take a walk in the cold weather, you won’t be much lethargic about the following days and eventually, you will adopt the habit.
Benefits of running in the cold weather.
1. The winter weight: During winters, the binge on the food gets doubled and so is our tummy. We eat more and exercise less throughout the winter season. And you get the reality check after the winters are over and you have to wear your summer clothes again, revealing all the flab you gained during winters. The Gym trainers always recommend not to leave the gym in winters as we tend to lose more kilos in winters than in summers. If you know that you’re going to eat more in winters then you should certainly consider maintaining it as well. Be brave and keep running in the cold weather as well.
2. Overheat: Running is more enjoyable in cold weather as during summers you feel trapped with the overheating as the humidity and the heat tends to slow you down by bringing down your energy levels and you lose your fatigue earlier than you do in winters. It is easier to achieve your daily fitness goals in winters.
3. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): A type of depression which happens with the change in the weather. It mostly hit the victims during the start of the winters and remain throughout the season. People become moody during SAD period. For people who are facing this problem, Running under the bright sunshine and in the fresh cold air during the winter season can help you reduce the effect of SAD and make you feel positive and motivated. It also helps to boost your mood.
4. Become stronger: Well, going out for a run in winters can be a tough task for many people but then this quote hits my mind – “What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger”. Yes, it does indeed. The amount of effort it takes to run in a cold weather, take that effort as your motivation and it will become your mental strength. You will be highly encouraged to run more during cold weather. You probably catch the addiction of running during winters with this kind of mindset. Strong mental built will also help you in other aspects of your life as well.
5. Stay hydrated: One big problem during the winter season is the decrease in the amount of our daily water intake. If you haven’t noticed it till now then you should. We should always keep our body hydrated irrespective the kind of season we are in. By running daily, you will feel the need for water for often. Stay warm and consume water before and after running.
So I hope after reading this you might leave your blanket for a while this winter season and go out for a nice run to keep yourself fit and positive. And also not to regret it later when the summer season will be back and you have no option but to reveal your fat to the world. If you liked the article then don’t forget to like, share and comment.