We all at some point of time in our life have witnessed failure and it has stung so deeply that the fragments of it are still there, poking every time you think to initiate something new. Imagine you’re into unfathomable depths of your mind, evaluating anything that can bring a positive change in this world and suddenly an idea struck you. At that moment you seemed so sure of changing the world but couldn’t execute it because ‘Failure’ has you in its grip.
Why do we afraid of failing, why do we afraid of trying one more time? Most importantly, why do we fail and is failure healthy or has it any significance in our lives? We will tell you how failure is important in shaping the life you wish to have.
1. You Don’t succeed unless you fail: The most simple thing, to begin with, is acceptance. Failure is inevitable and it will come your way no matter how hard you try or what way you try, you will fail regardless of the efforts and not just once, you are going to fail again and again and again, you cannot learn if you don’t fail. Take a look at the history or every successful person who exist, none have reached their position without tasting defeat. Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Barack Obama, Albert Einstein, Wright Brothers, Nelson Mandela, M.K Gandhi, we know them because they didn’t collapse, they rose enlightened, learning from the mistakes and eventually they succeeded.
2. Failure equals trying, Success is no luck: There is this notion that those with great career are born special and everything just fell right into their favor, they say these bunch of successful people got lucky. No! that’s not the case, no one was born through the lightning storm, there is nothing special about anyone (sorry but it’s true) it is only that these few people overcame the fear of failure and after many failed attempts they finally reached the pinnacle. Victory doesn’t come easy and it absolutely doesn’t come by luck. You will have to fight for it.
3. It makes you strong: Failing is like an exercise the more you do the stronger you get, you never give up the first day you hit the gym because you couldn’t do more than 10 pushups. You kept trying, every single day was making you stronger and finally, you achieved your target. Every time you fail will you learn a new way of not failing, one more step closer to your dreams.
4. Growth of your idea and yourself: You think the first ever light bulb was created in one go or the first ever motor engine started functioning on its first trial? There were moments when people did stop trying but never gave up and their never giving attitude is the reason 21st century is so technologically advanced. There are two types of people with the same idea, the first category is afraid to take the step for ‘what if it didn’t work out’, and the second category is the ones who aren’t afraid of trying multiple times until they achieve what they dreamt of. If you are not going to try how would you know whether your idea works or not? It’s better to step up and fail than to wonder what could have happened had you tried.
5. Hard work only is not the success mantra, shift your perspective: You ask you peer group, parents, friends or professors about what success is and how to gain success and instantly they all gonna hit you with ‘hard work’. You can do hard work all your life 24×7 but, you ain’t gonna get a shit. Persistence, my dear friend is one piece of the puzzle. You try your methods innumerable times and it doesn’t pan out good, instead of losing hope, ask yourself a question are you doing this right, what is it that you lack? Shift your ideas, try new perspective, re-create your work and try again. This will help you grow, the more experienced you are the more chances of winning you have. J.K Rowling, the author of the world famous Harry Potter series, talking about failure said, ‘had she succeeded at anything else she would have never found the determination to succeed in the one arena she truly belonged’.
6. The Difference between passion and Interest: Failure has its way of removing what is not necessary for your life to give you a narrower view of what can be a necessity. The uncertainty, we have been talking about since beginning, gets killed by failure. You have a whole galaxy of new ways and you haven’t tried them all because you lack what? Interest? No, you gotta have a passion for something, anything. So, this one day you were brainstorming for no reason and suddenly you thought dude this sounds interesting, I’m gonna make a business out of it and you think success is around the corner. There you will fall. Now, we often mistake interest with passion. You cannot have the passion for more than one thing, however, you can have 10 different interests and you can choose to work on all the 10 of them and yet it won’t be enough. See! passion is something you deeply desire, you crave to have, no matter where you are in what mood whenever it comes to passion you’ll be excited.
7. Gives you new paths: Explore your inner sense, find a passion and if you do not have a passion then explore your interests and you’ll find something that you will be loving the most. Work on that particular interest and turn it into your only passion. You go in the outside world and meet people, you’ll find that there are individuals who earn in grands and there are those only earning enough to survive but are happier. Your passion can have many different paths, different methods, if you are following your passion and still are not getting any result, you may have to try a different path and even if you fail again there’s always a better way to start anew. Experiment with your passionate idea and you will not have failed you.
8. Success Sweet Success: You only something’s worth when it’s hard to get. You appreciate light because you had to witness darkness for so long. After so many failed attempts, criticism, down moment when you finally attain success, it tastes so good. You probably would never have tasted anything like it and it’s obvious you don’t learn to walk without falling. Not only that, the amount of knowledge you would have collected during the process and the insight in your field will make you grow even more. It only takes an initiative and ‘will’ to take action. Anyways, there’s nothing better than a smile that has struggled through tears.
Dear reader, If you are reading this then you already are awesome just don’t stress yourself out. Live more, think more. Drive your passion and failure towards your dream, never stop chasing your goal and keep working and ‘even if you failed, what better way is there to live’, Gwen Stacy.
We hope you love our work. Keep reading and surfing. Please do Like Share and Comment.