After parents, teachers or Gurus plays an important role in one’s life to shape up their life by teaching them the true value of education in life. Teachers light up the life of their students by the wisdom they have and abolish the darkness of negativity from their lives.
Teachers play a significant role in all phases of life, lessons taught by teachers help us in every field of life. Teacher’s Day is celebrated on 5th September every year in India. It is observed on 5th September only because it is the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan.
Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan was a great scholar, philosopher and Bharat Ratna recipient. He was the second president of India and Teacher’s Day is a way to pay tribute to him for his contribution in the field of education for the entire nation.
The bond between a teacher and his disciple is so pure that it can’t be compared with any other relation. There are numerous quotes which define the meaning of a teacher.
- “Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges.” – Joyce Meyer
- “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” ― Karl A Menninger
- “Your role as a leader is even more important than you might imagine. You have the power to help people become winners.” ― Ken Blanchard
- “Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.” – Dalai Lama XIV
- “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry Brooks Adams
- “Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.” – William Butler Yeats
- “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
- “The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth.” – Dan Rather
- “Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.” – Aristotle
- “One good teacher in a lifetime may sometimes change a delinquent into a solid citizen.” – Philip Wylie
- “The true teachers are those who help us think for ourselves.” – Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- “If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.” – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – William Butler Yeats
Here are some Teacher’s Day images which you can share with your teachers.
So, this is the day to wish your teachers and thank them for their endless help and encouragement. For more updates follow Insiderindian.com