Movies are watched across the world in abundance and different people love different genre movie. Some have a thing or two for sci-fi movies while some go for romantic ones, some prefer action with bloodshed and some are who seek drama yet, there is so little population who would go for pure mind fuck movies (no offense) because they are a bit difficult to get but, are the best to watch. If you have a keen mind and you got a thing to see flicks that really messes up with that smart brain of yours, we have a list for you.
1. Inception (2010): Christopher Nolan, known for the quality movies, brought this film to the world. It had a simple concept where a man named Cobb (Leonardo Dicaprio) uses a method of entering other people’s mind and plant ideas or extract information. He is given a job to infiltrate the subconscious mind of a corporate tycoon’s son and would-be heir and in return, he is promised a safe passage to his family. What will have you twisted is the climax where the viewer is left to think whether Cobb came back to reality or got stuck in the limbo. That totem never stopped rotating.
2. Interstellar (2014): If you are watching totally mind blowing movie and see Christopher Nolan in the cast as director, don’t be surprised. He has a thing of messing around with viewers and Interstellar is just another successful attempt. Earth is dying and the only way to save human population is to find a suitable planet. Cooper gets to captain a space voyage ship to explore possible life sustaining planet and in the process, he gets sucked into a black hole. The during events and how they fold before and after Cooper is pulled into the black hole will have your mind twisted.
3. Coherence (2013): The movie revolves around a bunch of people gathered around for partying and observe the passing of miller’s comet that happens once in a century. As the time of approaches, these people starts witnessing unexplained events. They decide to explore the cause when the individuals begin swapping with people from many parallel realities. They leave their home in one reality and enters another one. Emily (Emily Foxler) realizes something off and starts investigating while gets stuck with Emily from another reality. Watch it to believe it.
4. Shutter Island (2010): US Marshal Edward Daniels (Leonardo Dicaprio) team up with Chuck Aule (Mark Ruffalo) to probe disappearance of an insane patient Rachel Solando (Emily Mortimer), who killed her three kids by drowning them, on the Shutter Island. The duo must do so and their only help is a coded note. While investigating Daniel encounters unusual something weird, hallucinating bout his dead wife and whatnot. The end is where you’ll be left tied in knots and no matter how hard you try you just wouldn’t get it.
5. The Sixth Sense (1999): This thriller flick has a clear climax that won’t leave you to think then why did it make the list? Because it never stops fondling with you and the instant punch of WTF! you witness in the end is worth watching. Dr. Crowe (Bruce Willis) takes up a job to cure a boy name Sean Cole (Haley Joel Osment) who communicates with spirit but what he finds, in the end, won’t let you believe your guts. M. Night Shyamalan-directed The Sixth Sense still has the first time viewer stunned.
6. Donnie Darko (2001): One night Donald Donnie Darko (Jake Gyllenhaal) gets a visit from a figure disguised in bunny attire named Frank who tells Donnie about the world ending in 28 days 6 hours 42 minutes and 12 seconds. He is deeply influenced by Frank and does what the bunny guy says. Donnie’s Psychiatrist concludes his detachment from reality and signs of schizophrenia in him. This troubled teenager’s escaping of strange accidents and the chain of crime he commits will leave you rattled with goosebumps. You might have to consult google for the climax’s explanation.
7. The Matrix: It had to be on the list. A movie that had left many people question the reality and why not, are you sure you’re reading exactly what has been written or is it even written? Jokes apart, The movie brings on a computer generated reality called matrix and people of actual reality who fight to bring it down. Neo Anderson (Keanu Reeves) is the chosen one for the job, will he be able to unplug the world from fakeness? The question’s pretty lame yet it goes with the flow. Lol
These were some of the all-time best mind-bending movies and you would need a really good brain to watch it. There are a lot of other movies similar to what we mentioned for instance Under the Skin, The 13th Floor, Vanilla Sky and more that you can get to give your brain a dosage of confusion. Watch ’em all.
We hope you love our stuff. Keep reading and surfing. Please do Like Share and Comment.